Given a string, the task is to find all the palindromic sub-strings from the given string.
In Set – 1, another approach has been already discussed and that consider only distinct sub-strings but in this equal sub-strings i.e. ll and ll are considered as two sub-strings, not one.
Input : hellolle
Output : 13
[h, e, l, ll, l, o, lol, lloll, ellolle, l, ll, l, e]
2) ll, ll – Note that these are two distinct sub-strings that only happen to be equal
3) lol and lloll
4) And, of course, each letter can be considered a palindrome – all 8 of them.
Input : geeksforgeeks
Output : 15
[g, e, ee, e, k, s, f, o, r, g, e, ee, e, k, s]
1- We can have two types of palindrome strings that we need to handle -Even Length -Odd Length
2- The idea is to consider a mid point and keep checking for the palindrome string by comparing the elements on the left and the elements on the right by increasing the distance or palindromeRadius by one at a time until there is a mismatch.
3- The algorithm handles the even and odd length palindrome scenarios in a single pass.
4- The pivot starts from 0 and moves till the end with a step size of 0.5.
…….a) when the pivot is a non-fractional value, then the palindromeRadius values are integral starting from 0.
…….b) when the pivot is a fractional value, then the palindromeRadius values are like 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 ..
5- So, each time we get a palindrome match, we put it in a list (so that the duplicate values are preserved because each duplicate sub-string is obtained by a different combination of alphabet positions)
13 [h, e, l, ll, l, o, lol, lloll, ellolle, l, ll, l, e] 15 [g, e, ee, e, k, s, f, o, r, g, e, ee, e, k, s]
Note: To print distinct substrings, use Set as it only takes distinct elements.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Improved By : andrew1234
- Find all distinct palindromic sub-strings of a given string
- Online algorithm for checking palindrome in a stream
- Count All Palindrome Sub-Strings in a String | Set 1
- Print all palindromic partitions of a string
- IntStream average() in Java with Examples
- HashSet vs TreeSet in Java
- ShortBuffer allocate() method in Java With Examples
- IntBuffer duplicate() method in Java with Examples
- ShortBuffer compact() method in Java With Examples
- LongBuffer equals() method in Java