Given a string, the task is to find all the palindromic sub-strings from the given string.
In Set – 1, another approach has been already discussed and that consider only distinct sub-strings but in this equal sub-strings i.e. ll and ll are considered as two sub-strings, not one.
Input : hellolle
Output : 13
[h, e, l, ll, l, o, lol, lloll, ellolle, l, ll, l, e]
2) ll, ll – Note that these are two distinct sub-strings that only happen to be equal
3) lol and lloll
4) And, of course, each letter can be considered a palindrome – all 8 of them.
Input : geeksforgeeks
Output : 15
[g, e, ee, e, k, s, f, o, r, g, e, ee, e, k, s]
1- We can have two types of palindrome strings that we need to handle -Even Length -Odd Length
2- The idea is to consider a mid point and keep checking for the palindrome string by comparing the elements on the left and the elements on the right by increasing the distance or palindromeRadius by one at a time until there is a mismatch.
3- The algorithm handles the even and odd length palindrome scenarios in a single pass.
4- The pivot starts from 0 and moves till the end with a step size of 0.5.
…….a) when the pivot is a non-fractional value, then the palindromeRadius values are integral starting from 0.
…….b) when the pivot is a fractional value, then the palindromeRadius values are like 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 ..
5- So, each time we get a palindrome match, we put it in a list (so that the duplicate values are preserved because each duplicate sub-string is obtained by a different combination of alphabet positions)
13 [h, e, l, ll, l, o, lol, lloll, ellolle, l, ll, l, e] 15 [g, e, ee, e, k, s, f, o, r, g, e, ee, e, k, s]
Note: To print distinct substrings, use Set as it only takes distinct elements.
- Rearrange the string to maximize the number of palindromic substrings
- Find the count of palindromic sub-string of a string in its sorted form
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Find a palindromic string B such that given String A is a subsequense of B
- Count all Prime Length Palindromic Substrings
- Count of Palindromic substrings in an Index range
- Find all distinct palindromic sub-strings of a given string
- Queries to find the count of vowels in the substrings of the given string
- Find the lexicographically largest palindromic Subsequence of a String
- Make palindromic string non-palindromic by rearranging its letters
- Find the starting indices of the substrings in string (S) which is made by concatenating all words from a list(L)
- Find distinct characters in distinct substrings of a string
- Check if a string contains a palindromic sub-string of even length
- Replace two substrings (of a string) with each other
- Lexicographically first palindromic string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.