Given a total amount of N and unlimited number of coins worth 1, 10 and 25 currency coins. Find out the minimum number of coins you need to use to pay exactly amount N.
Input : N = 14 Output : 5 You will use one coing of value 10 and four coins of value 1. Input : N = 88 Output : 7
There are three different cases:
- If value of N < 10, then coins that have value 1 can only be used for payment.
- When N > 9 and < 25, then coins that have value 1 and 10 will be used for payment. Here, to minimize the number of coins used, coins with value 10 will be preferred mostly.
- When N > 24. Then all coins of value 1, 10 and 25 will be used for payment. To minimize the number of coins, the primary aim will be to use coin with value 25 first as much as possible then coin with value 10 and then with value 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
9 && $n < 25)
// counts coins which have value 1 and 10
$c = (int)($n / 10 + $n % 10);
if ($n > 24)
// counts coins which have value 25
$c = (int)($n / 25);
if ($n % 25 < 10)
// counts coins which have value 1 and 25
$c = $c + $n % 25;
if ($n % 25 > 9)
// counts coins which have value 1, 10 and 25
$c = $c + ($n % 25) / 10 + ($n % 25) % 10;
// Driver Code
$n = 14;
// This code is contributed Code_Mech
- Find minimum number of coins that make a given value
- Find the minimum number of operations required to make all array elements equal
- Minimum number N such that total set bits of all numbers from 1 to N is at-least X
- Minimum number of letters needed to make a total of n
- Minimum number of given powers of 2 required to represent a number
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 1
- Minimum number of operations required to reduce N to 1
- Minimum number of changes required to make the given array an AP
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum number of given operation required to convert n to m
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 2
- Minimum number of integers required to fill the NxM grid
- Minimum number of mails required to distribute all the questions
- Minimum number of given moves required to make N divisible by 25
- Minimum number of bottles required to fill K glasses
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.