Find all numbers less than n, which are palindromic in base 10 as well as base 2.
33 is Palindrome in its decimal representation. 100001(binary equivalent of 33) in Binary is a Palindrome. 313 is Palindrome in its decimal representation. 100111001 (binary equivalent of 313) in Binary is a Palindrome.
We check all the numbers from 1 to n whether its decimal representation is palindrome or not.
Further, if a number is palindromic in base 10 then we check for its binary representation. If we found its both representations a palindrome then we print it.
We start from 1 and create palindromes of odd digit and even digit up to n and check whether its binary representation is palindrome or not.
Note: This will reduce the number of operations as we should check only for decimal palindrome instead of checking all numbers from 1 to n.
This approach uses two methods:
int createPalindrome(int input, int b, bool isOdd):
The palindrome creator takes in an input number and a base b as well as a boolean telling if the palindrome should have an even or odd number of digits. It takes the input number, reverses it and appends it to the input number. If the result should have an odd number of digits, it chops off a digit of the reversed part.
bool IsPalindrome(int number, int b)
It takes the input number, calculate its reverse according to base b. Return result whether number is equal to its reverse or not.
1 3 5 7 9 313 585 717 33 99
This article is contributed by Shivam Pradhan (anuj_charm). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Given a number N in decimal base, find number of its digits in any base (base b)
- Given a number N in decimal base, find the sum of digits in any base B
- Find the Nth digit from right in base B of the given number in Decimal base
- Write a program to add two numbers in base 14
- Program to find the last digit of X in base Y
- Find the total count of numbers up to N digits in a given base B
- Add two integers of different base and represent sum in smaller base of the two
- Largest Even and Odd N-digit numbers of base B
- Program to compute log a to any base b (logb a)
- Program to add two integers of given base
- Ternary number system or Base 3 numbers
- All possible numbers of N digits and base B without leading zeros
- Count of N-digit numbers in base K with no two consecutive zeroes
- Find most significant bit of a number X in base Y
- Find the length of factorial of a number in any given base
- Find the Largest N digit perfect square number in Base B
- Find the height of a right-angled triangle whose area is X times its base
- Double Base Palindrome
- Check if a N base number is Even or Odd
- Pandigital number in a given base
Improved By : shubham_singh