Given the starting day and the number of days in a month. Find the number of times every day occurs in a month
Input : Number of days in month = 28 First day = Wednesday Output : Monday = 4 Tuesday = 4 Wednesday = 4 Thursday = 4 Friday = 4 Saturday = 4 Sunday = 4 Explanation: In the month of February, every day occurs 4 times. Input : Number of days in month = 31 First day = Tuesday Output : Monday = 4 Tuesday = 5 Wednesday = 5 Thursday = 5 Friday = 4 Saturday = 4 Sunday = 4 Explanation: The month starts on Tuesday and ends on Thursday.
Observations: We have to make some key observations. First one will be if the month has 28 days then every day occurs 4 times. The second one will be if it has 29 days then the day on which the month starts will occur 5 times. The third one will be if the month has 30 days, then the day on which the month starts and the next day will occur 5 days. The last one is if the month has 31 days, then the day on which the month starts and the next 2 days will occur 5 days with the rest occurring 4 times each.
Approach: Create an count array with size 7 and having an initial value of 4 as the minimum number of occurrence will be 4. (number of days-28). Find the index of the firstday. Calculate the number of days whose occurrence will be 5. Then run a loop from pos to pos+(number of days-28) to mark the occurrence as 5. If pos+(number of days-28) exceeds 6, then use %7 to get to the indexes from the beginning.
Below is the C++ implementation of the above approach:
Monday 4 Tuesday 5 Wednesday 5 Thursday 5 Friday 4 Saturday 4 Sunday 4
- Given an array of size n and a number k, find all elements that appear more than n/k times
- XOR of numbers that appeared even number of times in given Range
- Minimum number of times A has to be repeated such that B is a substring of it
- Print all the sum pairs which occur maximum number of times
- Check if the given array can be reduced to zeros with the given operation performed given number of times
- Find row number of a binary matrix having maximum number of 1s
- Calendar Functions in Python | Set 1( calendar(), month(), isleap()...)
- Difference between two given times
- Largest sub-string where all the characters appear at least K times
- Remove elements from the array which appear more than k times
- Remove elements that appear strictly less than k times
- Largest element in the array that is repeated exactly k times
- Find the number of zeroes
- Find the Missing Number
- Find the row with maximum number of 1s
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.