Given the last rank ‘L’ and number of candidates at the last rank ‘T’, the task is to find the total number of candidates in Exam.
Input: L = 5, T = 1 Output: 5 Input: L = 10, T = 2 Output: 11
- Suppose L = 5 and T = 2.
- Then there can be many possible rank combinations, like 1, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5.
- So now in this, as you can see the last rank is 5 and there are 2 students at rank 5,
- Therefore, total number of candidates = 6.
- This can be understood by a simple formula:
Below is the Implementation of Above Approach.
- Given number of matches played, find number of teams in tournament
- Find the number of ways to divide number into four parts such that a = c and b = d
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Find the other number when LCM and HCF given
- Find Nth number of the series 1, 6, 15, 28, 45, .....
- C++ Program to find sum of even factors of a number
- Find the sum of digits of a number at even and odd places
- Program to find the number of men initially
- Find the frequency of a digit in a number
- Find the number after successive division
- Program to find the Nth number of the series 2, 10, 24, 44, 70.....
- Find the Next perfect square greater than a given number
- Number of matches required to find the winner
- Find the repeating and the missing number using two equations
- Find longest length number in a string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.