Given a binary N x N matrix, we need to find the total number of matrix positions from which there is an endless path. Any position (i, j) is said to have an endless path if and only if all of the next positions in its row(i) and its column(j) should have value 1. If any position next to (i,j) either in row(i) or in column(j) will have 0 then position (i,j) doesn’t have any endless path.
Input : 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 Output : 4 Endless points are (1, 1), (1, 2), (2, 1) and (2, 2). For all other points path to some corner is blocked at some point. Input : 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 Output : 1 Endless point is (0, 2).
Naive Approach :
We traverse all positions, for every position, we check that does this position has endless path or not. If yes then count it otherwise ignore it. But as usual its time complexity seems to be high.
Time complexity : O(n3)
Also, we can say that any position (i,j) will have an endless row if (i,j+1) will have an endless row and value of (i,j) is 1.
Similarly, we can say that any position (i,j) will have an endless column if (i+1,j) will have an endless column and value of (i,j) is 1.
So we should maintain two matrices one for row and one for column. Always start from right most position for row and bottom most position for column and only check for next position whether it has endless path or not.
And Finally, if any position will have an endless path in both row and column matrix then that position is said to have an endless path.
This article is contributed by Shivam Pradhan (anuj_charm). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find the probability of reaching all points after N moves from point N
- Find maximum points which can be obtained by deleting elements from array
- Find row number of a binary matrix having maximum number of 1s
- Non-crossing lines to connect points in a circle
- Collect maximum points in a grid using two traversals
- Minimum Initial Points to Reach Destination
- Maximum points collected by two persons allowed to meet once
- Maximum points from top left of matrix to bottom right and return back
- Find the row with maximum number of 1s
- Find the number of islands | Set 1 (Using DFS)
- Find number of cavities in a matrix
- Find number of Positional Elements
- Find minimum number of coins that make a given value
- Python map function to find row with maximum number of 1's
- Find the number of distinct islands in a 2D matrix