Given first term (a), common ratio (r) and a integer N of the Geometric Progression series, the task is to find Nth term of the series.
Input : a = 2 r = 2, N = 4 Output : The 4th term of the series is : 16 Input : a = 2 r = 3, N = 5 Output : The 5th term of the series is : 162
We know the Geometric Progression series is like = 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 …. …
In this series 2 is the stating term of the series .
Common ratio = 4 / 2 = 2 (ratio common in the series).
so we can write the series as :
t1 = a1
t2 = a1 * r(2-1)
t3 = a1 * r(3-1)
t4 = a1 * r(4-1)
tN = a1 * r(N-1)
To find the Nth term in the Geometric Progression series we use the simple formula .
TN = a1 * r(N-1)
The 5th term of the series is : 162
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Nth term where K+1th term is product of Kth term with difference of max and min digit of Kth term
- Find the Nth term of the series where each term f[i] = f[i - 1] - f[i - 2]
- Find Nth term of the series where each term differs by 6 and 2 alternately
- Program for N-th term of Arithmetic Progression series
- Program to print GP (Geometric Progression)
- Ratio of mth and nth term in an Arithmetic Progression (AP)
- Minimize Nth term of an Arithmetic progression (AP)
- Removing a number from array to make it Geometric Progression
- Number of GP (Geometric Progression) subsequences of size 3
- Minimum number of operations to convert a given sequence into a Geometric Progression
- Geometric Progression
- Check whether nodes of Binary Tree form Arithmetic, Geometric or Harmonic Progression
- Sum of N-terms of geometric progression for larger values of N | Set 2 (Using recursion)
- Sum of elements of a Geometric Progression (GP) in a given range
- Nth term of a sequence formed by sum of current term with product of its largest and smallest digit
- Program to get the Sum of series: 1 - x^2/2! + x^4/4! -.... upto nth term
- Program to find Nth term in the given Series
- Program to find the Nth term of the series 3, 7, 13, 21, 31.....
- Program to find Nth term of series 1, 3, 12, 60, 360…
- Program to find the Nth term of series -1, 2, 11, 26, 47......
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.