Given three integers A, B and N the task is to find N Arithmetic means between A and B. We basically need to insert N terms in an Arithmetic progression. where A and B are first and last terms.
Input : A = 20 B = 32 N = 5 Output : 22 24 26 28 30 The Arithmetic progression series as 20 22 24 26 28 30 32 Input : A = 5 B = 35 N = 5 Output : 10 15 20 25 30
Let A1, A2, A3, A4……An be N Arithmetic Means between two given numbers A and B . Then A, A1, A2 ….. An, B will be in Arithmetic Progression .
Now B = (N+2)th term of the Arithmetic progression .
Finding the (N+2)th term of the Arithmetic progression Series
where d is the Common Difference
B = A + (N + 2 – 1)d
B – A = (N + 1)d
So the Common Difference d is given by.
d = (B – A) / (N + 1)
So now we have the value of A and the value of the common difference(d),
now we can find all the N Arithmetic Means between A and B.
22 24 26 28 30
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find N Geometric Means between A and B
- Find mean of subarray means in a given array
- Find Harmonic mean using Arithmetic mean and Geometric mean
- Find the missing number in Arithmetic Progression
- Find an integer that is common in the maximum number of given arithmetic progressions
- Find the missing number in unordered Arithmetic Progression
- Implement *, - and / operations using only + arithmetic operator
- Longest string in non-decreasing order of ASCII code and in arithmetic progression
- Ratio of mth and nth term in an Arithmetic Progression (AP)
- Arithmetic Progression containing X and Y with least possible first term
- Add two numbers without using arithmetic operators
- Longest Arithmetic Progression | DP-35
- Modular Exponentiation (Power in Modular Arithmetic)
- How to sum two integers without using arithmetic operators in C/C++?
- Check whether Arithmetic Progression can be formed from the given array
- Count of AP (Arithmetic Progression) Subsequences in an array
- Decimal to binary conversion without using arithmetic operators
- Program for sum of arithmetic series
- Minimum De-arrangements present in array of AP (Arithmetic Progression)
- Sum of Arithmetic Geometric Sequence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.