Given a Binary tree, the problem is to find the mirror of a given node. The mirror of a node is a node which exists at the mirror position of the node in opposite subtree at the root.
In above tree- Node 2 and 3 are mirror nodes Node 4 and 6 are mirror nodes.
We can have a recursive solution for finding mirror nodes. The algorithm is following –
1) Start from the root of the tree and recur nodes from both subtree simultaneously using two pointers for left and right nodes. 2) First recur all the external nodes and store returned value in mirror variable. 3) If current node value is equal to target node, return the value of opposite pointer else repeat step 2. 4) If no external node is left and mirror is none, recur internal nodes.
Mirror of node 4 is node 6
This article is contributed by Atul Kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Tree Traversals (Inorder, Preorder and Postorder)
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Write a program to Calculate Size of a tree | Recursion
- Write a Program to Find the Maximum Depth or Height of a Tree
- Write a program to Delete a Tree
- If you are given two traversal sequences, can you construct the binary tree?
- Convert a Binary Tree into its Mirror Tree
- Given a binary tree, print out all of its root-to-leaf paths one per line.
- Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Search Tree.
- The Great Tree-List Recursion Problem.
- Check sum of Covered and Uncovered nodes of Binary Tree
- Level Order Tree Traversal
- Program to count leaf nodes in a binary tree
- A program to check if a binary tree is BST or not
- Check for Children Sum Property in a Binary Tree