Given a number, find minimum sum of its factors.
Input : 12 Output : 7 Explanation: Following are different ways to factorize 12 and sum of factors in different ways. 12 = 12 * 1 = 12 + 1 = 13 12 = 2 * 6 = 2 + 6 = 8 12 = 3 * 4 = 3 + 4 = 7 12 = 2 * 2 * 3 = 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 Therefore minimum sum is 7 Input : 105 Output : 15
To minimize sum, we must factorize factors as long as possible. With this process, we prime factors. So to find minimum sum of product of number, we find sum of prime factors of product.
This article is contributed by nuclode. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Pell Number
- Count ways to express a number as sum of consecutive numbers
- Minimum number with digits as 4 and 7 only and given sum
- Reservoir Sampling
- Number of Permutations such that no Three Terms forms Increasing Subsequence
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Print all substring of a number without any conversion
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Check if Decimal representation of an Octal number is divisible by 7