Given a binary tree, find the maximum vertical level sum in binary tree.
Input : 3 / \ 4 6 / \ / \ -1 -2 5 10 \ 8 Output : 14 Vertical level having nodes 6 and 8 has maximum vertical sum 14. Input : 1 / \ 5 8 / \ \ 2 -6 3 \ / -1 -4 \ 9 Output : 4
A simple solution is to first find vertical level sum of each level starting from minimum vertical level to maximum vertical level. Finding sum of one vertical level takes O(n) time. In worst case time complexity of this solution is O(n^2).
An efficient solution is to do level order traversal of given binary tree and update vertical level sum of each level while doing the traversal. After finding vertical sum of each level find maximum vertical sum from these values.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n)
Auxiliary Space: O(n)
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Find if given vertical level of binary tree is sorted or not
- Find the kth node in vertical order traversal of a Binary Tree
- Vertical Sum in a given Binary Tree | Set 1
- Vertical width of Binary tree | Set 2
- Vertical width of Binary tree | Set 1
- Vertical Sum in Binary Tree | Set 2 (Space Optimized)
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 1
- Print a Binary Tree in Vertical Order | Set 2 (Map based Method)
- Find maximum level sum in Binary Tree
- Find maximum among all right nodes in Binary Tree
- Find maximum (or minimum) in Binary Tree
- Find the maximum GCD of the siblings of a Binary Tree
- Find maximum level product in Binary Tree
- Find Maximum Level Sum in Binary Tree using Recursion
- Find the node with maximum value in a Binary Search Tree
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.