Given two Rational numbers, the task is to find the maximum of given two rational numbers.
Input : first = 3/4, second= 3/2 Output : 3/2 Input : first = 100/100, second = 300/400 Output : 100/100
A simple solution is to find float values and compare the float values. The float computations may cause precision errors. We can avoid them using below approach.
Say first = 3/2, second = 3/4
- First take a LCM of (4, 2) which is denominator of rational number. so the LCM of this is 4, then divide with both denominator and multiple with numerator of first and second respectively so the denominator value is first numerator = 6, second numerator = 3.
- Then find the max between these two. so here first numerator is max then print first rational number.
- Find LCM of rational numbers
- HCF of array of fractions (or rational numbers)
- Algorithm to generate positive rational numbers
- N-th term of George Cantor set of rational numbers
- Binary Search for Rational Numbers without using floating point arithmetic
- Maximum rational number (or fraction) from an array
- as_integer_ratio() in Python for reduced fraction of a given rational
- Given two numbers a and b find all x such that a % x = b
- Find two numbers whose sum and GCD are given
- Find two numbers with sum and product both same as N
- Program to find LCM of 2 numbers without using GCD
- Program to find LCM of two numbers
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers
- Find the sum of first N odd Fibonacci numbers
- To find sum of two numbers without using any operator
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Rajput-Ji