Given a strictly increasing array A of positive integers where, . The task is to find the length of the longest Fibonacci-like subsequence of A. If such subsequence does not exist, return 0.
Input: A = [1, 3, 7, 11, 12, 14, 18]
Explanation: The longest subsequence that is Fibonacci-like: [1, 11, 12]
Other possible subsequences are [3, 11, 14] or [7, 11, 18].
Input: A = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8]
Explanation: The longest subsequence that is Fibonacci-like: [1, 2, 3, 5, 8].
A Fibonacci-like sequence is such that it has each two adjacent terms that determines the next expected term. For example, with 1, 1, we expect that the sequence must continue 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, … and so on.
We will use Set or Map to determine quickly whether the next term of Fibonacci sequence is present in the array A or not. Because of the exponential growth of these terms, there will be not more than log(M) searches to get next element on each iteration.
For each starting pair A[i], A[j], we maintain the next expected value y = A[i] + A[j] and the previously seen largest value x = A[j]. If y is in the array, then we can then update these values (x, y) -> (y, x+y) otherwise we stop immediately.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N2*log(M)), where N is the length of array and M is max(A).
- Length of longest subsequence of Fibonacci Numbers in an Array
- Length of longest Palindromic Subsequence of even length with no two adjacent characters same
- Length of longest Fibonacci subarray formed by removing only one element
- Length of Longest Prime Subsequence in an Array
- Length of longest strict bitonic subsequence
- Length of longest increasing index dividing subsequence
- Length of the longest subsequence such that xor of adjacent elements is non-decreasing
- Length of Longest Perfect number Subsequence in an Array
- Length of longest Powerful number subsequence in an Array
- Length of the longest increasing subsequence such that no two adjacent elements are coprime
- Find the longest Fibonacci-like subarray of the given array
- Find the longest subsequence of an array having LCM at most K
- Find the Increasing subsequence of length three with maximum product
- Find length of longest substring with at most K normal characters
- Maximum length subsequence such that adjacent elements in the subsequence have a common factor