Given two integer numbers X and Y. find the larger of X^Y and Y^X, or determine if they are equal.
Input : 2 3 Output : 3^2 We know 3^2 = 9 and 2^3 = 8. Input : 2 4 Output : Equal
A simple solution is calculate x^y by looping for y times, but if the values of x and y is too large it will cause overflow.
To solve the overflow problem, we can simplify the equation by taking log.
log(x^y) = y* log(x)
Now, this equation will not cause overflow and we can compare two values directly.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the larger exponential among two exponentials
- Check if a larger number divisible by 36
- Smallest triangular number larger than p
- Minimum sum of the elements of an array after subtracting smaller elements from larger
- Larger of a^b or b^a (a raised to power b or b raised to power a)
- Sum of N-terms of geometric progression for larger values of N | Set 2 (Using recursion)
- Find subsequences with maximum Bitwise AND and Bitwise OR
- Find the radii of the circles which are lined in a row, and distance between the centers of first and last circle is given
- Find the side of the squares which are lined in a row, and distance between the centers of first and last square is given
- Find minimum possible values of A, B and C when two of the (A + B), (A + C) and (B + C) are given
- Find the number of words of X vowels and Y consonants that can be formed from M vowels and N consonants
- Find smallest positive number Y such that Bitwise AND of X and Y is Zero
- Find two integers A and B such that A ^ N = A + N and B ^ N = B + N
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Program to find if two numbers and their AM and HM are present in an array using STL
- Find a number M < N such that difference between their XOR and AND is maximum
- Numbers of Length N having digits A and B and whose sum of digits contain only digits A and B
- Count ways to generate pairs having Bitwise XOR and Bitwise AND equal to X and Y respectively
- Find Union and Intersection of two unsorted arrays
- Find the largest multiple of 2, 3 and 5
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.