Given three integers A, B and C. In an infinite sequence, A is the first number, C is the common difference (Si – Si – 1 = C). The task is to check if the number B will appear in the sequence or not.
Input: A = 1, B = 7, C = 3
The sequence will be 1, 4, 7, 10, …
Input: A = 1, B = -4, C = 5
Approach: There are two cases:
- When C = 0, print Yes if A = B else No as the sequence will consist only the number A
- When C > 0, for any non-negative integer k the equation B = A + k * C must be satisfied i.e. (B – A) / C must be a non-negative integer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum steps needed to cover a sequence of points on an infinite grid
- Find a sequence of N prime numbers whose sum is a composite number
- Find the sum of infinite series 1^2.x^0 + 2^2.x^1 + 3^2.x^2 + 4^2.x^3 +.......
- Find the count of unvisited indices in an infinite array
- Find minimum moves to reach target on an infinite line
- Find if a crest is present in the index range [L, R] of the given array
- Find the sum of the ascii values of characters which are present at prime positions
- Count number of subsets whose median is also present in the same subset
- Find F(n) when F(i) and F(j) of a sequence are given
- Find n-th term in sequence 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, ....
- Program to find sum of the given sequence
- Find the Kth position element of the given sequence
- Program to find Nth term of the Van Eck's Sequence
- Find Recurring Sequence in a Fraction
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.