Given four integers l, m, x and y. The task is to check whether it is possible to make a binary string consisting of l 0’s, m 1’s, x “01” and y “10” as sub-sequences in it.
Input: l = 3, m = 2, x = 4, y = 2
Possible string is “00110”. It contains 3 0’s, 2 1’s,
4 “01” sub-sequences and 2 “10” sub-sequences.
Input: l = 3, m = 2, x = 4, y = 3
No such binary string exists.
Approach: The possible string is always of the form 00…11…00…. First consists of some number of zeroes, then all ones and then the remaining number of zeros.
Let l1 be the number of zeros before ones and l2 be the number of zeros after ones then the equations are:
- l1 + l2 = l (Total number of zeros).
- l1 * m = x (Number of “01” sub-sequences).
- m * l2 = y (Number of “10” sub-sequences).
From the above three equations, we get x + y = l * m. If this equation fails for the given values then the string is not possible else print Yes.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Number of sub-sequences of non-zero length of a binary string divisible by 3
- Given a string and an integer k, find the kth sub-string when all the sub-strings are sorted according to the given condition
- Number of sub-strings which are anagram of any sub-string of another string
- Count of sub-sequences which satisfy the given condition
- Check if two same sub-sequences exist in a string or not
- Find the permutation of first N natural numbers such that sum of i % Pi is maximum possible
- Longest sub string of 0's in a binary string which is repeated K times
- Distinct strings such that they contains given strings as sub-sequences
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string | Set 2
- Minimum LCM and GCD possible among all possible sub-arrays
- Sum of minimum element of all sub-sequences of a sorted array
- Number of sequences which has HEAD at alternate positions to the right of the first HEAD
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits | Iterative
- Count the nodes of the tree which make a pangram when concatenated with the sub-tree nodes
- Sum of GCD of all possible sequences
- Ways to divide a binary array into sub-arrays such that each sub-array contains exactly one 1
- Find the maximum possible Binary Number from given string
- Count distinct regular bracket sequences which are not N periodic
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.