Given an integer . The task is to find all factors of N and print the product of four factors of N such that:
- Sum of the four factors is equal to N.
- Product of the four factors is maximum.
If it is not possible to find 4 such factors then print “Not possible”.
Note: All the four factors can be equal to each other to maximize the product.
Input : N = 24 Output : Product -> 1296 All factors are -> 1 2 3 4 6 8 12 24 Choose the factor 6 four times, Therefore, 6+6+6+6 = 24 and product is maximum. Input : N = 100 Output : Product -> 390625 All the factors are -> 1 2 4 5 10 10 20 25 50 100 Choose the factor 25 four times.
An approach which takes a complexity of O(M^3), where M is the number of factors of N has been discussed in the previous post.
An efficient approach of time complexity O(N^2) can be obtained by following the below steps.
- Store all the factors of given number in a container.
- Iterate for all pairs and store their sum in a different container.
- Mark the index (element1 + element2) with pair(element1, element2 to get the elements by which the sum was obtained.
- Iterate for all the pair_sums, and check if n-pair_sum exists in the same container, then both the pairs form the quadruple.
- Use the pair hash array to get the elements by which the pair was formed.
- Store the maximum of all such quadruples, and print it at the end.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
The maximum product is 12500
- Find four factors of N with maximum product and sum equal to N
- Find four factors of N with maximum product and sum equal to N | Set 3
- Find number of factors of N when location of its two factors whose product is N is given
- Find maximum product of digits among numbers less than or equal to N
- Find the Number of Maximum Product Quadruples
- Find a pair with maximum product in array of Integers
- Find the number in a range having maximum product of the digits
- Product of factors of number
- Find three integers less than or equal to N such that their LCM is maximum
- Maximize the product of four factors of a Number
- Product of unique prime factors of a number
- Ways to express a number as product of two different factors
- Distinct Prime Factors of Array Product
- Count numbers in a range having GCD of powers of prime factors equal to 1
- Maximum factors formed by two numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai