Find Day of Week using SimpleDateFormat class in Java
Given the day, month, and year, the task is to find the corresponding day of the week using SimpleDateFormat class in Java.
Explanation: The day corresponding to the date 11-08-2020 is tuesday.
Explanation: The day corresponding to the date 17-08-2006 is thursday.
- Input the date, month, and year from the user as integer type.
- Check if the date, month, and year are in the required range. If not, raise an error message.
- Convert the input into Date type using SimpleDateFormat class.
- Format the date to the corresponding day of the week using SimpleDateFormat class.
- Print the corresponding day of the week.
Note: If you want the full name of the day (ex: Sunday, Monday), use “EEEE”. If you want the shorter version of the name of the day (ex: Sun, Mon), use “EE”.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Day of week on 17-8-2006 : Thursday
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.