Given a number n, find the cube root of n.
Input: n = 3 Output: Cubic Root is 1.442250 Input: n = 8 Output: Cubic Root is 2.000000
We can use binary search. First we define error e. Let us say 0.0000001 in our case. The main steps of our algorithm for calculating the cubic root of a number n are:
- Initialize start = 0 and end = n
- Calculate mid = (start + end)/2
- Check if the absolute value of (n – mid*mid*mid) < e. If this condition holds true then mid is our answer so return mid.
- If (mid*mid*mid)>n then set end=mid
- If (mid*mid*mid)<n set start=mid.
Below is the implementation of above idea.
Cubic root of 3.000000 is 1.442250
Time Complexity : O(Log n)
This article is contributed by Madhur Modi .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the integral roots of a given Cubic equation
- Program to check if N is a Centered Cubic Number
- Cubic Bezier Curve Implementation in C
- Form the Cubic equation from the given roots
- Smallest root of the equation x^2 + s(x)*x - n = 0, where s(x) is the sum of digits of root x.
- Digital Root (repeated digital sum) of square of an integer using Digital root of the given integer
- Find square root of number upto given precision using binary search
- Find Nth positive number whose digital root is X
- Find root of a number using Newton's method
- Find Cube root of a number using Log function
- C program to find square root of a given number
- Find Square Root under Modulo p | Set 1 (When p is in form of 4*i + 3)
- Find Square Root under Modulo p | Set 2 (Shanks Tonelli algorithm)
- Program to find root of an equations using secant method
- Find the root of given non decreasing function between A and B
- Long Division Method to find Square root with Examples
- Find Square Root under Modulo p | (When p is product of two primes in the form 4*i + 3)
- Primitive root of a prime number n modulo n
- N-th root of a number
- Fast method to calculate inverse square root of a floating point number in IEEE 754 format
Improved By : nitin mittal