Given a number n, find the cube root of n.
Input: n = 3 Output: Cubic Root is 1.442250 Input: n = 8 Output: Cubic Root is 2.000000
We can use binary search. First we define error e. Let us say 0.0000001 in our case. The main steps of our algorithm for calculating the cubic root of a number n are:
- Initialize start = 0 and end = n
- Calculate mid = (start + end)/2
- Check if the absolute value of (n – mid*mid*mid) < e. If this condition holds true then mid is our answer so return mid.
- If (mid*mid*mid)>n then set end=mid
- If (mid*mid*mid)<n set start=mid.
Below is the implementation of above idea.
Cubic root of 3.000000 is 1.442250
Time Complexity : O(Log n)
This article is contributed by Madhur Modi .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find square root of number upto given precision using binary search
- Cubic Bezier Curve Implementation in C
- N-th root of a number
- Find Square Root under Modulo p | Set 1 (When p is in form of 4*i + 3)
- Smallest root of the equation x^2 + s(x)*x - n = 0, where s(x) is the sum of digits of root x.
- Square root of a number using log
- Program to find root of an equations using secant method
- Find Square Root under Modulo p | Set 2 (Shanks Tonelli algorithm)
- Print a number containing K digits with digital root D
- Primitive root of a prime number n modulo n
- Number of elements smaller than root using preorder traversal of a BST
- Fast method to calculate inverse square root of a floating point number in IEEE 754 format
- Check if a number is perfect square without finding square root
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
Improved By : nitin mittal