Given number N, the task is to find the cube root using log function.
Input: N = 8
Input: N = 27
Approach: To solve the problem mentioned above we will use log() function, according to the following formula:
Let cube root of N be d.
=> ∛N = d
=> N(1/3) = d
Now, apply log on both sides:
log3 (N(1/3)) = log3 (d)
=> log3 (d) = 1/3 * log3 (N)
=> d = 3(1/3 * log3 (N))
Below is the implementation of above problem:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find minimum number of Log value needed to calculate Log upto N
- Percentage increase in volume of the cube if a side of cube is increased by a given percentage
- Square root of a number using log
- Nth root of a number using log
- How is the time complexity of Sieve of Eratosthenes is n*log(log(n))?
- Program to compute log a to any base b (logb a)
- Digital Root (repeated digital sum) of square of an integer using Digital root of the given integer
- Smallest root of the equation x^2 + s(x)*x - n = 0, where s(x) is the sum of digits of root x.
- Find the Largest Cube formed by Deleting minimum Digits from a number
- Check if a number can be expressed as power | Set 2 (Using Log)
- Minimum divisor of a number to make the number perfect cube
- Previous perfect square and cube number smaller than number N
- Find square root of number upto given precision using binary search
- Find root of a number using Newton's method
- Find Cube Pairs | Set 1 (A n^(2/3) Solution)
- Find Cube Pairs | Set 2 (A n^(1/3) Solution)
- Find the diagonal of the Cube
- Volume of cube using its space diagonal
- Find n-th element in a series with only 2 digits (4 and 7) allowed | Set 2 (log(n) method)
- Find the ln(X) and log10X with the help of expansion
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.