Given two endpoint of diameter of a circle (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) find out the center of a circle.
Input : x1 = -9, y1 = 3, and x2 = 5, y2 = –7 Output : -2, –2 Input : x1 = 5, y1 = 3 and x2 = –10 y2 = 4 Output : –2.5, 3.5
The midpoint of two points, (x1, y2) and (x2, y2) is : M = ((x 1 + x 2) / 2, (y 1 + y 2) / 2)
The center of the circle is the mid point of its diameter so we calculate the mid point of its diameter by using midpoint formula.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Find the other-end coordinates of diameter in a circle
- Find the Diameter or Longest chord of a Circle
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Minimum revolutions to move center of a circle to a target
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Program to find the diameter, cycles and edges of a Wheel Graph
- Equation of circle when three points on the circle are given
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Area of the circle that has a square and a circle inscribed in it
- Puzzle | Connect 9 circles each arranged at center of a Matrix using 3 straight lines
- Python String Methods | Set 2 (len, count, center, ljust, rjust, isalpha, isalnum, isspace & join)
- Farthest distance of a 0 from the center of a 2-D matrix
- Check whether two convex regular polygon have same center or not
- Number of cycles formed by joining vertices of n sided polygon at the center
- Program to find area of a circle
- Find minimum radius such that atleast k point lie inside the circle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t