Given two integers r and d where r is the radius of the smaller circle and d is the difference of the area of this circle with some larger radius circle. The task is to find the area of the larger circle.
Input: r = 4, d = 5
Area of the smaller circle = 3.14 * 4 * 4 = 50.24
55.24 – 50.24 = 5
Input: r = 12, d = 3
Approach: Let radius of the smaller and the larger circles be r and R respectively and the difference in the areas is given to be d i.e. PI * R2 – PI * r2 = d where PI = 3.14
Or, R2 = (d / PI) + r2.
Now, area of the bigger circle can be calculated as PI * R2.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Radii of the three tangent circles of equal radius which are inscribed within a circle of given radius
- Area of Equilateral triangle inscribed in a Circle of radius R
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Radius of the circle when the width and height of an arc is given
- Find minimum radius such that atleast k point lie inside the circle
- Angular Sweep (Maximum points that can be enclosed in a circle of given radius)
- Equation of circle from centre and radius
- Area of a n-sided regular polygon with given Radius
- Number of rectangles in a circle of radius R
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Area of the circle that has a square and a circle inscribed in it
- Number of common tangents between two circles if their centers and radius is given
- Program to find the Radius of the incircle of the triangle
- Maximize a value for a semicircle of given radius
- Percentage increase in the cylinder if the height is increased by given percentage but radius remains constant
- Percentage increase in volume of the sphere if radius is increased by a given percentage
- Given equation of a circle as string, find area
- Equation of circle when three points on the circle are given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.