You are given a container of X liters containing a mixture of wine and water. The mixture contains W% of water in it. How much liters of water must be added to increase the ratio of water to Y%?
Input contains 3 integers X, W and Y respectively.
The output should be in float format up to 2 decimal points.
Input : X = 125, W = 20, Y = 25
Output : 8.33 liters
20% of 125 is 25. If we add 8.33 liters, we get 33.33 which is 25% of 133.33.
Input : X = 100, W = 50, Y = 60
Output : 25
Let the amount of water to be added be A liters.
So, the new amount of mixture = (X + A) liters
And the amount of water in the mixture = (old amount + A) = ((W % of X ) + A )
Also, the amount of water in the mixture = new percentage of water in new mixture = Y % of (X + A)
Now, we can write the expression as
Y % of ( X + A) = W % of X + A
Since, both denote the amount of water.
On simplifying this expression, we will get
A = [X * (Y – W)] / [100 – Y]
X = 125, W = 20% and Y = 25%;
So, for the given question, the amount of water to be added = (125 * (25 – 20)) / (100 – 25) = 8.33 liters
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Water to be added = 25.00
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the number which when added to the given ratio a : b, the ratio changes to c : d
- Sum of two numbers if the original ratio and new ratio obtained by adding a given number to each number is given
- Ratio of mth and nth terms of an A. P. with given ratio of sums
- Program to find the quantity after mixture replacement
- Program to find amount of water in a given glass
- Find amount of water wasted after filling the tank
- Find out the minimum number of coins required to pay total amount
- Find probability that a player wins when probabilities of hitting the target are given
- Find if it is possible to get a ratio from given ranges of costs and quantities
- Program to find the count of coins of each type from the given ratio
- Find the ratio of LCM to GCD of a given Array
- Find minimum moves to reach target on an infinite line
- Probability of A winning the match when individual probabilities of hitting the target given
- Find ΔX which is added to numerator and denominator both of fraction (a/b) to convert it to another fraction (c/d)
- Find the integers that doesnot ends with T1 or T2 when squared and added X
- Find the minimum number to be added to N to make it a prime number
- Find the minimum number to be added to N to make it a power of K
- Minimum edges to be added in a directed graph so that any node can be reachable from a given node
- Find nth Fibonacci number using Golden ratio
- Program to find the common ratio of three numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.