Given a value X, the task is to find the number Y which will give maximum value possible when XOR with X.
(Assume X to be 8 bits) Maximum possible value of X and Y both is 255.
Input: X = 2 Output: 253 Binary Representation of X = 00000010 Binary Representation of Y = 11111101 Maximum XOR value: 11111111 Input: X = 200 Output: 55
Approach: In order to ensure maximum value of XOR, we need to set all those bits ON which are OFF in X. So for that, Y should have all bits ON which are OFF in X and OFF which are ON in X as (0^1 = 1 and 1^0 = 1). So Y should be the 1’s complement representation of X.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Required Number is : 251
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the node whose xor with x gives maximum value
- Maximum XOR value of maximum and second maximum element among all possible subarrays
- Number whose XOR sum with given array is a given number k
- Number whose sum of XOR with given array range is maximum
- Find the node whose xor with x gives minimum value
- Queries to find the maximum Xor value between X and the nodes of a given level of a perfect binary tree
- Maximum XOR with given value in the path from root to given node in the tree
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum XOR with X is maximum
- Given a set, find XOR of the XOR's of all subsets.
- Find XOR of two number without using XOR operator
- Count smaller numbers whose XOR with n produces greater value
- Range Query on array whose each element is XOR of index value and previous element
- Length of longest subsequence whose XOR value is odd
- Find the XOR of the elements in the given range [L, R] with the value K for a given set of queries
- Find Maximum XOR value of a sub-array of size k
- Value in a given range with maximum XOR
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum XOR with X is minimum
- Find an N x N grid whose xor of every row and column is equal
- Minimize K whose XOR with given array elements leaves array unchanged
- Find number of subarrays with XOR value a power of 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.