Given a string str containing only characters x and y, the task is to perform the following operations while possible:
Find an index such that s[i] = ‘x’ and s[i+1] = ‘y’ and delete both the characters s[i] and s[i+1], if no such index is found then find an index such that s[i] = ‘y’ and s[i+1] = ‘x’ and swap(s[i], s[i+1]).
Print the final string after performing the given operation.
Input: str = “xyyxx”
Step 1: yxx (xy got deleted)
Step 2: xyx (yx got swapped)
Step 3: x (xy got deleted)
Input: str = “xxyyxyy”
Approach: In the final string there will be either only x or only y because if we have both x and y in the string then there would be a point where we have either xy or yx as sub-string.
- If it’s xy, we delete it straight away.
- If it is yx, we reverse it to get xy and then delete it.
Since in each deletion step, one x and one y gets deleted, the final string would have min(x, y) number of x and y characters deleted.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
for ($i = 0; $i < $x - $y; $i++) $finalString .= "x"; else for ($i = 0; $i < $y - $x; $i++) $finalString .= "y"; return $finalString; } // Driver Code $s = "xxyyxyy"; echo printFinalString($s); // This code is contributed by ihritik ?>
- Sub-string that contains all lowercase alphabets after performing the given operation
- Final state of the string after modification
- Print the final string when minimum value strings get concatenated in every operation
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Operations required to make the string empty
- Converting one string to other using append and delete last operations
- Count of operations to make a binary string"ab" free
- Minimum number of operations required to sum to binary string S
- Minimum reduce operations to covert a given string into a palindrome
- Form N-copy string with add, remove and append operations
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Generate a sequence with the given operations
- Minimal operations to make a number magical
- Binary array after M range toggle operations
- Count the number of carry operations required to add two numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.