Given a string str containing only characters x and y, the task is to perform the following operations while possible:
Find an index such that s[i] = ‘x’ and s[i+1] = ‘y’ and delete both the characters s[i] and s[i+1], if no such index is found then find an index such that s[i] = ‘y’ and s[i+1] = ‘x’ and swap(s[i], s[i+1]).
Print the final string after performing the given operation.
Input: str = “xyyxx”
Step 1: yxx (xy got deleted)
Step 2: xyx (yx got swapped)
Step 3: x (xy got deleted)
Input: str = “xxyyxyy”
Approach: In the final string there will be either only x or only y because if we have both x and y in the string then there would be a point where we have either xy or yx as sub-string.
- If it’s xy, we delete it straight away.
- If it is yx, we reverse it to get xy and then delete it.
Since in each deletion step, one x and one y gets deleted, the final string would have min(x, y) number of x and y characters deleted.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
for ($i = 0; $i < $x - $y; $i++) $finalString .= "x"; else for ($i = 0; $i < $y - $x; $i++) $finalString .= "y"; return $finalString; } // Driver Code $s = "xxyyxyy"; echo printFinalString($s); // This code is contributed by ihritik ?>
- Final state of the string after modification
- Sub-string that contains all lowercase alphabets after performing the given operation
- Print the final string when minimum value strings get concatenated in every operation
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Encrypt the given string with the following operations
- Operations required to make the string empty
- Converting one string to other using append and delete last operations
- Minimum number of operations required to sum to binary string S
- Form N-copy string with add, remove and append operations
- Count of operations to make a binary string"ab" free
- Maximum number of given operations to remove the entire string
- Minimum reduce operations to covert a given string into a palindrome
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Generate a sequence with the given operations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.