Given an array of list of commands U(Up), D(Down), L(Left) and R(Right) and initial cell position (x, y) in a matrix. Find the final cell position of the object in the matrix after following the given commands. It is assumed that the final required cell position exists in the matrix.
Input : command = "DDLRULL" x = 3, y = 4 Output : (1, 5) Input : command = "LLRUUUDRRDDDULRLLUDUUR" x = 6, y = 5 Output : (6, 3)
Approach: Following are the steps:
- Count cup, cdown, cleft and cright for U(Up), D(Down), L(Left) and R(Right) movements respectively.
- Calculate final_x = x + (cright – cleft) and final_y = y + (cdown – cup).
The final cell position is (final_x, final_y)
Final Position: (1, 5)
Time Complexity: O(n), where is the number of commands.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Final direction after visiting every cell of Matrix starting from (0, 0)
- Maximum of all distances to the nearest 1 cell from any 0 cell in a Binary matrix
- Minimum moves taken to move coin of each cell to any one cell of Matrix
- Check if a path exists for a cell valued 1 to reach the bottom right corner of a Matrix before any cell valued 2
- Maximum path sum that starting with any cell of 0-th row and ending with any cell of (N-1)-th row
- Number of shortest paths to reach every cell from bottom-left cell in the grid
- Final Matrix after incrementing submatrices by K in range given by Q queries
- Find sum of all elements in a matrix except the elements in row and/or column of given cell?
- Distance of nearest cell having 1 in a binary matrix
- Find minimum moves to bring all elements in one cell of a matrix
- Number of ways of cutting a Matrix such that atleast one cell is filled in each part
- Sum of cost of all paths to reach a given cell in a Matrix
- Minimum Distance from a given Cell to all other Cells of a Matrix
- Find final value if we double after every successful search in array
- Final state of the string after modification
- Find the final X and Y when they are Altering under given condition
- Find the final radiations of each Radiated Stations
- Minimum possible final health of the last monster in a game
- Find the final sequence of the array after performing given operations
- Length of race track based on the final distance between participants
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.