There are two jugs each of 4 and 3 liters respectively , without any measuring marks. how many minimum steps are required to have 2 liters of water into the 4 litre jug (the jugs can be filled any number of times with water, and they can be emptied any number of times).
Note that this puzzle is different from the one discussed here. Here we need 2 litre water in 4 litre jug (not in any of the two jugs).
Step 1 : Fill 3-litre jug with water completely
Step 2 : Empty water from 3-litre jug into 4-litre
Step 3 : Again, fill 3-litre jug with water completely
Step 4 : And pour water from 3-litre jug into 4-litre jug until 4-litre jug becomes full
Step 5 : Empty the 4-litre jug. Now, we are left with 2 litre water in 3-litre jug and 4-litre jug is empty.
Step 6: Transfer water of 3-litre jug to 4-litre jug, resulting in 2 litre water in 4-litre jug.
This puzzle is contributed by Naziya Parveen. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle | Water Jug Problem
- Puzzle | Fill Brackets ( )+( )+( )+( )+( ) = 30
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle | Man fell in well Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)