File.OpenText(String) is an inbuilt File class method which is used to open an existing UTF-8 encoded text file for reading.
public static System.IO.StreamReader OpenText (string path);
Parameter: This function accepts a parameter which is illustrated below:
- path: This is the specified text file which is going to be opened for reading.
- UnauthorizedAccessException: The caller does not have the required permission.
- ArgumentException: The path is a zero-length string, contains only white space, or one or more invalid characters as defined by InvalidPathChars.
- ArgumentNullException: The path is null.
- PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both exceed the system-defined maximum length.
- DirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path is invalid.
- FileNotFoundException: The file specified in the path was not found.
- NotSupportedException: The path is in an invalid format.
Return Value: Returns a StreamReader on the specified path.
Below are the programs to illustrate the File.OpenText(String) method.
Program 1: Before running the below code, a text file file.txt is created with some contents shown below-
Below code open the text file file.txt for reading.
Program 2: Initially, a file file.txt is created with some contents shown below-
This below code will overwrite the file contents with other specified contents then final contents will be printed.
GFG is a CS portal.
- Array.GetValue() Method in C# with Examples | Set - 1
- File.GetLastWriteTimeUtc() Method in C# with Examples
- MathF.Sin() Method in C# with Examples
- Double.CompareTo Method in C# with Examples
- UInt16.GetHashCode Method in C# with Examples
- Int64.CompareTo Method in C# with Examples
- MathF.Truncate() Method in C# with Examples
- MathF.Exp() Method in C# with Examples
- C# | Queue<T>.TrimExcess Method with Examples
- C# | Stack<T>.TrimExcess Method with Examples
- Array.BinarySearch(Array, Object) Method with examples in C#
- C# | Char.GetHashCode() Method with Examples
- C# | Char.GetTypeCode() Method with Examples
- C# | Char.GetUnicodeCategory(String, Int32) Method with Examples
- C# | Object.GetHashCode() Method with Examples
- C# | Object.GetTypeCode() Method with Examples
- Array.BinarySearch(Array, Int32, Int32, Object) Method with examples in C#
- Stack.ToString() Method in C# with examples
- Graphics.Clear() Method in C# with Examples
- Type.GetConstructors() Method in C# with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.