File.GetCreationTime(String) is an inbuilt File class method which is used to return the creation date and time of the specified file or directory.
public static DateTime GetCreationTime (string path);
Parameter: This function accepts a parameter which is illustrated below:
- path: This is the specified file path whose creation date and time is going to be returned.
- UnauthorizedAccessException: The caller does not have the required permission.
- ArgumentException: The path is a zero-length string, contains only white space, or one or more invalid characters as defined by InvalidPathChars.
- ArgumentNullException: The path is null.
- PathTooLongException: The given path, file name, or both exceed the system-defined maximum length.
- NotSupportedException: The path is in an invalid format.
Return Value: Returns the creation date and time of the specified file or directory.
Below are the programs to illustrate the File.GetCreationTime(String) method.
Program 1: Before running the below code, a file file.txt is created with some contents shown below:
File created on: 4/19/2020 4:02:54 AM
Program 2: Before running the below code, two files were created shown below:
File created on: 4/19/2020 4:02:54 AM File created on: 4/19/2020 4:07:02 AM
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.