Fidelity Investments Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
On 30th July 2021. Fidelity investments came to our college to hire students for summer intern 2022.(2023 pass out batch)
Round 1: Coding and Algorithm Round
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
It had 4 sections.
- English Proficiency: There were 10 MCQs based on Paragraph comprehension, Rearrange the sentences, etc. and the time allotted was 15 mins.
- Technical MCQs: It had 20 technical MCQs which consisted of questions based on fundamentals of Data Structures and Algorithm, DBMS, SQL, Networking, and Computer Fundamentals.
- Coding Section: The time allotted was 1 hour to complete 2 coding questions
- Given Q queries each with inputs L and R. Find all the composite numbers within the range of [L, L+1,……., R-1, R], where L and R are inclusive.(Hint-Use Sieve of Eratosthenes to find the prime and store it in an array and then find all the composite numbers in that range).
- Algorithm Section: In this section, you had to write an algorithm for 2 programs in 15 minutes, We had to write an algorithm to find the maximum sum submatrix, I dont remember exactly the second question but it was based on a greedy approach, (Note in the Algorithm section, we were told to write just the pseudo-code in a blank space given)
- Try to pass 70% of the total test case in the coding section and at least one question in the algorithm round.
Round 2: Virtual Technical Interview
Almost 50 students were shortlisted for the Technical Interview round including me.
- In the beginning, the interviewer asked me if I had any questions for him about the hiring process then he asked me to introduce myself.
- He asked questions around my resume, starting with questions about my project which was based on Machine Learning and Android Development and it was a long discussion almost covering every part of the project as he himself was an ML engineer.
- He then asked some basic questions from DBMS and questions related to the Database (MySQL) which I implemented in one of my projects.
- At last, he asked if I had any questions and after that, the interview ended. There was no question related to DSA in my interview, but it depends on the interviewer because in one of my friend’s interviews he was asked only DSA questions and very few questions related to CV,
- The results were announced in the next 1 hour and I was called for further rounds. Around 25 students were selected for further rounds.
- You should be thorough with each and every part of your resume that you have mentioned, be realistic with your resume and dont write things that you dont know(Specially related to Projects).
- Your answer to questions should be such that you mention the things you know in your answer because the follow-up questions are based on your answer.
- Try to answer something related to the topic asked and dont be blank.
Round 3: Virtual HR Interview
- In the HR round, these were the following questions were asked
- Introduce yourself?
- what does fidelity investment do?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
- In my Resume I mentioned I was an active member of a rotary club , so they asked questions like what was your role in the club, have you handled any pressure situation in the club, if yes please expain.
This interview was short around 15-20 minutes and finally, they selected 15 students for the Summer Internship(I was not selected).