Selenium is a powerful tool for controlling web browser through program. It is functional for all browsers, works on all major OS and its scripts are written in various languages i.e Python, Java, C# etc, we will be working with Python.
This article revolves around Major Features of Selenium WebDriver. Mastering Selenium will help you automate your day to day tasks like controlling your tweets, Whatsapp texting and even just googling without actually opening a browser in just 15-30 lines of python code. The limits of automation is endless with selenium.
Features of Selenium Webdriver –
- Open Source and Portable – Selenium is an open source and portable Web testing Framework.
- Combination of tool and DSL – Selenium is combination of tools and DSL (Domain Specific Language) in order to carry out various types of tests.
- Easier to understand and implement – Selenium commands are categorized in terms of different classes which make it easier to understand and implement.
- Reduce test execution time – Selenium supports parallel test execution that reduce the time taken in executing parallel tests.
- Lesser resources required – Selenium requires lesser resources when compared to its competitors like UFT, RFT, etc.
- Supports Multiple Operating Systems – Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris.
- Supports Multiple Browsers – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, Safari, etc.
- Parallel Test Execution – It also supports parallel test execution which reduces time and increases the efficiency of tests.
- A flexible language – Once the test cases are prepared, they can be executed on any operating system like Linux, Macintosh, etc.
- No installation Required – Selenium web driver does not require server installation, test scripts interact directly with the browser.
Also Check –
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- Limitations of Selenium Webdriver
- Find Web Elements using Selenium WebDriver
- Assertion in Selenium WebDriver using TestNg
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Python Features
- Awesome New Features in Python 3.8
- Mahotas - Haralick features
- Mahotas - Zernike Features
- Advance Features of Python
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Getting features from it
- PyQt5 QDockWidget – Setting Features of it
- Mahotas - Speeded-Up Robust Features
- Using CountVectorizer to Extracting Features from Text
- Create Find and Replace features in Tkinter Text Widget
- Difference between Selenium and QTP
- Limitations of Selenium
- Components of Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Selenium Python Tutorial
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.