Given a 32 bit floating point number x stored in IEEE 754 floating point format, find inverse square root of x, i.e., x-1/2.
A simple solution is to do floating point arithmetic. Following is example function.
1.41421 0.527046 1
Following is a fast and interesting method based for the same. See this for detailed explanation.
1.41386 0.526715 0.998307
This article is contributed by Shalki Agarwal. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Write a program to calculate pow(x,n)
- Write a program to reverse digits of a number
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Minimum number of jumps to reach end
- Babylonian method for square root
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Find whether a given number is a power of 4 or not
- Print all combinations of points that can compose a given number
- Check if a number is multiple of 5 without using / and % operators
- Check whether a given point lies inside a triangle or not
- Magic Square
- Given a number, find the next smallest palindrome
- Count the number of possible triangles
- Select a random number from stream, with O(1) space
- Program to convert a given number to words
- Efficient program to calculate e^x
- Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Check if a number is Palindrome
- Random number generator in arbitrary probability distribution fashion