Factset came to our college for full time hiring for Software Engineer post. There were 4 rounds – 1st was written (pen&paper). Emphasis was on logic rather on full working code, pseudo codes were also allowed. Questions were –
1. To find the mean of k consecutive numbers in an array of size n equal to m
2. To generate all cyclic permutations (clockwose) of a string. if input is abc output should be cab,bca.
3. To find all nodes that are bounded by boundary traversal. If input tree is
5 / \ 10 3 / \ / \ 2 0 1 6 / \ / 1 8 7 output will be 0 1
There were two technical PI’s then. In 1st tech pi there were two interviewers. They were pretty calm and patient.
1. To check whether a string is palindrome or not. Discussed all methods and then asked to code for the same if the string is not in an array but in a linked list.
2. To find the pivot element in a rotated array in logn
3. Discussions on hash tables. Sum of two nos equal to a given k.
4. Next highest palindrome
5. Next highest no using same digits
6. Power function in logn
2nd pi was a bit challenging
1.Implement bidirectional hash map using other DS
2. Activity selection problem with a lot constraints(don’t remember properly). Finally i told him apply recursion and then backtrack in case for a conflict.
Last round was HR. In my case my HR was taken during the first round only.Finally they made an offer to 14 of us 🙂
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.