So in this pandemic, no company visits our campus they higher virtually on platforms like hackerrank, HackerEarth, etc. And FactSet is one of them.
Round 1: First Test was a coding test at hackerrank. It had 2 questions and 30-30 minutes for each. Both questions are in their individual section so you cannot switch between questions. We wrote the whole code and compile as well as to pass all test cases in each question. The given coding questions were one is easy and the other is medium level. If you are good at basic coding you can select for the next round easily.
- Minimum number of increment-other operations to make all array elements equal.
- I don’t remember the exact question. It is similar to the 01 knapsacks.
From our college, 34 students are selected for the next round.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): There were 17 interviews going on simultaneously. Everybody had only one interviewer. Interview questions were totally based on data structure and algorithm skills. They were looking at how you approach towards a solution and how efficient you can make it. Each candidate was asked 2 questions and it lasted almost an hour for all.
My interview lasted for almost 1 hour. He also asked about the test and my projects. Then he asked me 2 questions.
- Arrange consonants and vowels nodes in a linked list
- Maximize median after doing K addition operation on the Array
16 students are selected for the next round.
Round 3(Technical Interview 2): There were two interviewers and they were very supportive. First, they started by asking about the test and last interview questions and the complexity of that codes which I solved earlier then moved to data structures and algorithms. It lasted for 1hr and 30 min. They asked me three questions :
- Point arbit pointer to greatest value right side node in a linked list
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome
- Find median in row wise sorted matrix
They didn’t tell us how many students are selected for the next round. They directly take HR.
Round 4(HR Round): There was an HR ma’am. She is very supportive and friendly in nature. They just ask basic questions like:
- How was your process going?
- Tell me about yourself!
- why FactSet?
- Strength and Weakness?
Do you have any questions for me?
- They want problem solvers.
- A student with good coding skills.
- They don’t like Brute-Force.
Finally, 8 students are selected for the company, and I am one of them.