Facade Method – Python Design Patterns
Facade Method is a Structural Design pattern that provides a simpler unified interface to a more complex system. The word Facade means the face of a building or particularly an outer lying interface of a complex system, consists of several sub-systems. It is an essential part Gang of Four design patterns. It provides an easier way to access methods of the underlying systems by providing a single entry point.
Here, we create a Facade layer that helps in communicating with subsystems easily to the clients.
Problem without using Facade Method
Imagine we have a washing machine which can wash the clothes, rinse the clothes and spin the clothes but all the tasks separately. As the whole system is quite complex, we need to abstract the complexities of the subsystems. We need a system that can automate the whole task without the disturbance or interference of us.
Solution using Facade Method
To solve the above-described problem, we would like to hire the Facade Method. It will help us to hide or abstract the complexities of the subsystems as follows.
Following code is written using the Facade Method
Class Diagram for Facade Method
Following is the class diagram for Facade Method:
- Isolation: We can easily isolate our code from the complexity of a subsystem.
- Testine Process: Using Facade Method makes the process of testing comparitively easy since it has convenient methods for commmon testing tasks.
- Loose Coupling: Availability of loose coupling between the clients and the Subsytems.
- Changes in Methods: As we know that in Facade method, subsequent methods are attached to Facade layer and any change in subsequent method may brings change in Facade layer which is not favourable.
- Costly process: It is not cheap to establish the Facade method in out application for the system reliability.
- Violation of rules: There is always the fear of violation of the construction of the facade layer.
- Providing simple Interface: One of the most important application of Facade Method is that it is used whenever you want to provide the simple interface to the complex sub-system
- Division into layers: It is used when we want to provide a unique structure to a sub-system by dividing them into layers. It also leads to loose coupling between the clients and the subsystem.
Further Read – Facade Method in Java
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course