EY-GDS Interview Experience (Virtual)
Round 1: Round 1 was conducted on 28.9.20 with the help of the AMCAT platform. The question pattern was
- Number Series
- Time and Work
- Time Speed and Distance
- Permutation and Combination
- Other Quantitative Aptitude topics such as Profit and Loss, Averages too
- Critical Reasoning
- English Corrective Usage
- English Error Correction
- English Error Identification
- Reading Comprehension
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation
- Logical DeductionSyllogisms
- Blood relations
Cyber Security (Optional): Around 170 students attended the online test. Out of which 60 students were selected for the next round. The results were out on Oct 1. My technical interview was scheduled for Oct 8, 2020. Timing 12.00 PM.
Round 2(40 minutes): The interviewer directly jumped to the projects. I explained my projects. He asked various questions about my projects. Be thorough with your projects. As one of my projects is based on C programming, he asked some theory questions from C. Then, he asked from OS, DBMS. Some questions are,
- Explain memory management of C
- Memory allocation in C
- D/B malloc and calloc
- D/B compiler and interpreter
- Memory management in OS
- Explain Joins
- Some basic queries from DBMS
- Print only the duplicate values in the table and also its count.
- Print the second maximum value in the table.
The interviewer asked a lot of question from JAVA, as I don’t know JAVA, he strongly recommended me to study JAVA. A scenario-based question was asked. Where you completed your project but the team leader wants a more optimized solution. What will you do?
A puzzle was asked.
- Puzzle: There are three boxes, one contains only apples, one contains only oranges, and one contains both apples and oranges. The boxes have been incorrectly labeled such that no label identifies the actual contents of the box it labels. Opening just one box, and without looking in the box, you take out one piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you immediately label all the boxes correctly?
Finally, I asked a few questions about the work culture in the company and the difference between EY India and EY-GDS.
Round 3: After two days, on Oct 10 HR round was conducted. It was conducted through phone calls. The questions were like,
- Family background
- Location preference
- What do you know about EY?
- Say about your job description.
And then after 2 weeks, on Oct 27. I got a mail that I was selected for EY-GDS.
All the best guys!!… Even if you don’t know the answer just say I will look into it. Be confident. Never lose hope. Be ready with all the important questions from OS, DBMS.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!