OpenCV comes with many powerful video editing functions. In current scenario, techniques such as image scanning, face recognition can be accomplished using OpenCV.
Image Analysis is a very common field in the area of Computer Vision. It is the extraction of meaningful information from videos or images. OpenCv library can be used to perform multiple operations on videos.
import cv2 import os
Function Used :
VideoCapture(File_path) : Read the video(.mp4 format)
read() : Read data depending upon the type of object that calls
imwrite(filename, img[, params]) : Saves an image to a specified file.
Below is the implementation:
All the extracted images will be saved in a folder named “data” on the system.
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- Reading images in Python
- Working with Images in Python
- numpy.extract() in Python
- Python | Extract suffix after K
- How to download Google Images using Python
- Python | Uploading images in Django
- Python | Grayscaling of Images using OpenCV
- Python | Working with PNG Images using Matplotlib
- Apply changes to all the images in given folder - Using Python PIL
- Working with Images in Python using Matplotlib
- Reading Images With Python - Tkinter
- Python | Display images with PyGame
- Arithmetic Operations on Images using OpenCV | Set-2 (Bitwise Operations on Binary Images)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.