Prerequisite: Implementing Web Scraping in Python with BeautifulSoup
In this article, we are going to see how to extract CSS from an HTML document or URL using python.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not comes built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Create an HTML document and specify the CSS tag into the code
- Pass the HTML document into the Beautifulsoup() function
- Now traverse the tag with the select() method.
display by CSS class: [<a class="example" href="www.geeksforgeeks.com" id="dsx_23">java</a>, <a class="example" href="www.geeksforgeeks.com/python" id="sdcsdsdf">python</a>]
Now let’s get the CSS tag with URL:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.