The res.end() function is used to end the response process. This method actually comes from the Node core, specifically the response.end() method of HTTP.ServerResponse. Use to quickly end the response without any data.
res.end([data] [, encoding])
Parameters: The default encoding is ‘utf8’ and the data parameter is basically the data with which the user wants to end the response.
Return Value: It returns on Object.
Installation of express module:
- You can visit the link to Install express module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install express
- After installing the express module, you can check your express version in command prompt using the command.
npm version express
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file for example, index.js. To run this file you need to run the following command.
Example 1: Filename: index.js
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have installed express module using the following command:
npm install express
- Run index.js file using below command:
Server listening on PORT 3000
- Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/ and you will see blank response as this function is use to quickly end the response without any data.
Example 2: Filename: index.js
Run index.js file using below command:
Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/user, then you will see the following output on your console:
Server listening on PORT 3000 /user called
- Scaffolding an ExpressJS app from scratch
- Routing Path for ExpressJS
- HandleBars Templating in ExpressJS
- How to get the function name inside a function in PHP ?
- PHP | imagecreatetruecolor() Function
- p5.js | year() function
- D3.js | d3.utcTuesdays() Function
- PHP | ImagickDraw getTextAlignment() Function
- PHP | Ds\Sequence last() Function
- Function to escape regex patterns before applied in PHP
- PHP | array_udiff_uassoc() Function
- PHP | geoip_continent_code_by_name() Function
- D3.js | d3.map.set() Function
- D3.js easePolyOut Function
- PHP | GmagickPixel setcolor() function
- PHP | opendir() Function
- PHP | cal_to_jd() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.