Expedia Interview Experience | Set 6 (For SDE)
First f2f (45 mins)
1. General introduction about academics and work experience.
2. Given an array of 0 and 1, sort in most optimal way.
3. Extended the array to contain 0,1 & 2.
4. Find Least common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree.
You cannot assume that both keys exist in tree.
Second f2f (1 hr)
1. Puzzle: Make 4 ltr, from jars of 3 & 5 ltrs.
2. Puzzle: Make 6 ltr from jars of 13 & 9 ltrs.
3. What is inner join and auto join in DB.
4. What are indexes, disadvantages.
5. What is XSLT, XSD.
6. Difference between Composition and Inheritance. Advantages of Composition over inheritance.
7. Puzzle: Probability of seeing a vehicle on a highway is 95% in 30min, what is the probability of seeing a vehicle in any 10mins. Probability of seeing a vehicle in an hour.
7. Puzzle: A rope burns in 1min, measure 30 sec with 1 rope.
8. Puzzle: now measure 45sec with 2 ropes.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Third f2f (Manager 1.5hr)
Asked me to draw the architecture diagram of the product I am working in my current organization.
Many questions around that, why this design, any improvement, memory requirement, where it fails etc.
1. Diamond problem in C++.
2. Difference between abstract class and interface.
3. Why is interface required.
4. What are method overloading and overriding conditions & return type covariant.
5. Checked and unchecked exceptions.
6. How to find an element in a collection.
7. Optimize the operations in each iteration.
8. What do you do to remain updated with latest technologies.
The person was constantly creating pressure and checking how I handle it.
Fourth f2f (Director) (45mins)
1. What do you do in case of any conflict.
2. Have you encountered any such condition.
3. An instance where you proposed some design and it got approved.
4. What do you do when you are blocked because some other person is not working.
5. What are your weaknesses and how you are working to improve them.
6. Why do you want to leave your current organization.
7. Why Expedia?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.