Expedia Interview Experience for SDE (Off-Campus)
It was an off-campus opportunity.
Round 1(Online assessment on Hackerrank-90mins) There were two sections comprising MCQs(related to java and dsa) and 2 coding questions.
- Length Encoding (https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/run-length-encoding/)
- 2nd question I don’t remember, but it was related to tree.
Round 2: F2F interview (1 hour 30 mins) Interviewer went through my resume and after that, he gave me 2 ques
- Diagonal view of binary tree( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/diagonal-traversal-of-binary-tree )
- Longest increasing subsequence After I saw the question I quickly explained to him the approach, and he asked me whether I have done this question before. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/longest-increasing-subsequence-dp-3/ )
After my 2nd round I got call for 3rd round within 15 mins.
Round 3(F2F interview -1 hr 30 mins): With a small introduction, interviewer gave me 1st question
- Rain water trapping problem First I told her my O(n*n) approach which she told to improve, then with the help of O(n) space I reduced the time complexity to O(n). But she asked to do it in constant space. Then after detailed discussion I told her the 2 pointer approach. Then she asked me to write the code for that.( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/trapping-rain-water/ )
- Height of a binary tree As I have done this question before so I quickly told her the approach( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/write-a-c-program-to-find-the-maximum-depth-or-height-of-a-tree/ )
- Zig zag traversal of binary tree ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/zigzag-tree-traversal/ )
- Some oops-related questions and implementation.
After my 3rd round I got call for HR after 2 hours
Round 4(HR Round -30mins): She introduced herself and after introducing
- She asked some questions related to my projects, challenges I faced and how did I overcome those?
- Tech stack I used and difference between MongoDb and Mysql, which is better?
- Difference between csv and json and why both exist?
- Where do you see yourself in next couple of years?
- Why expedia? What change you can bring to company? Are you willing to relocate?