An evil number is a non-negative number that has an even number of 1s in its binary expansion. (Binary Expansion – is representation of a number in the binary numeral system or base-2 numeral system which represents numeric values using two different symbols: typically 0 (zero) and 1 (one)).
Odious Numbers: Numbers that are not Evil are called Odious Numbers. Given a number, the task is to check if it is Evil Number or Odious Numbers.
Input : 3 Output : Evil Number Explanation: Binary expansion of 3 is 11, the number of 1s in this is 2 i.e even. Input : 16 Output : Odious Number(not an evil number) Explanation: Binary expansion of 16 = 10000, having number of 1s =1 i.e odd. Input : 23 Output : Evil Number Explanation: Binary expansion of 23 is 10111, the number of 1s in this is 4 i.e even.
32 is Odius Number
This article is contributed by Nikita Tiwari. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Find maximum number that can be formed using digits of a given number
- Count Number of animals in a zoo from given number of head and legs
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Check whether all the rotations of a given number is greater than or equal to the given number or not
- Number of times a number can be replaced by the sum of its digits until it only contains one digit
- Find the largest good number in the divisors of given number N
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
- Number of digits to be removed to make a number divisible by 3
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number
- Print a number strictly less than a given number such that all its digits are distinct.
- Querying maximum number of divisors that a number in a given range has
- Count number of digits after decimal on dividing a number