An evil number is a non-negative number that has an even number of 1s in its binary expansion. (Binary Expansion – is representation of a number in the binary numeral system or base-2 numeral system which represents numeric values using two different symbols: typically 0 (zero) and 1 (one)).
Odious Numbers: Numbers that are not Evil are called Odious Numbers. Given a number, the task is to check if it is Evil Number or Odious Numbers.
Input : 3 Output : Evil Number Explanation: Binary expansion of 3 is 11, the number of 1s in this is 2 i.e even. Input : 16 Output : Odious Number(not an evil number) Explanation: Binary expansion of 16 = 10000, having number of 1s =1 i.e odd. Input : 23 Output : Evil Number Explanation: Binary expansion of 23 is 10111, the number of 1s in this is 4 i.e even.
32 is Odius Number
This article is contributed by Nikita Tiwari. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Given number of matches played, find number of teams in tournament
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N
- Count number of digits after decimal on dividing a number
- Find the number of integers x in range (1,N) for which x and x+1 have same number of divisors
- Find the number of ways to divide number into four parts such that a = c and b = d
- Program to Convert Octal Number to Binary Number
- Count Number of animals in a zoo from given number of head and legs
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Check whether all the rotations of a given number is greater than or equal to the given number or not
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number