Brief introduction about Computer, its features, applications, and working.
1. What is Computer :
An Electronic device which is used to generate the output as per as the users input in fast, efficient and effective manner. It performs sequence of operations, operating under the control of instructions stored in its own memory. All these instructions will govern the machine what operation is to be performed next. The more dignified and sorted the input will be then the machine will behave in more intelligent way.
The most important unit that the machine relies on is, Central Processing Unit as it manages the flow of data in all other parts of the system and sometimes called the brain of the computer.
A machine in all comprises of multiple number of peripheral devices i.e. all the external devices that are connected to the computer to perform specific operation or functionality. Input devices such as Keyboard, Mouse and output devices such as Monitor, Printer.
2. Features of Computer :
Computers had been emerged as one of the biggest innovations in regards with technology. So, it should comprise of all the features which boosts the speed in terms of calculations and processing
3. Applications of Computer :
Any Computing device which reduces the human effort and performs complex calculations in no time should definitely be possessing wide range of applications. In present time, not even a single field can be thought of where computer is not been used.
Some of basic application areas are:
- Entertainment Industry
- Health care
- Business purpose
- Personal usage
4. How Computer Works :
Motherboard is the most essential part of the computer as it holds CPU and many primary components together required for processing. A computer receives data through an input unit based on the instructions it is given and once it gets any form of input from the user and then stores all the data on to RAM, Random Access Memory is a computer component where data used by the operating system and software applications are being stored so that the CPU can process them quickly. Everything stored on RAM is lost if the computer is shut off. There is a maximum limit of RAM you will need for the computer to function properly.
Now, CPU will be fetching the data from the RAM and process it with the specified instructions and giving signals out to other components through BUS and when the data is ready, it will be sent back through an output device which can be a monitor, speaker, printer, ports, etc.
5. Impact on New Technology :
The innovation of this powerful computing device has its own impact on the technical world. All the new technologies that are in the market place at present time are being developed on the compatibility factor with respect to the computers. It also has tremendous impact on the communication process as the level of communication has gone to some other levels all around the globe.
6. Pro and Cons :
(i) Pro :
- Speed, Accuracy perform Complex calculations
- Large Amount of data can be stored and accessed attacks
- Online Learning, Research
- Increases in productivity
- In Business usage
(ii) Cons :
- Health issues if excessively used, thinking ability decreases
- A large amount of data is always affectionate to virus and hacking
- Lack of group activities regarding social activities
- Invites Online cyber crime
- Data Violation
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Different Ways to Connect One Computer to Another Computer
- Difference between Computer Science Engineering and Computer Engineering
- What is Computer Crime?
- What happens when we turn on computer?
- Computer Animation
- What is Computer Virus ?
- Computer Science 101
- Computer Graphics | Antialiasing
- A simple understanding of Computer
- History of Computer Games
- How Computer / Laptop Starts ?
- Introduction of Computer Forensics
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Computer Graphics | The RGB color model
- Do programmers need a Computer Science degree to get a job?
- Last Minute Notes Computer Organization
- Information Security and Computer Forensics
- Human - Computer interaction through the ages
- Introduction of Firewall in Computer Network
- Computer science, an overrated dream
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.