In error detection / correction, we are given a sentence divided into parts and we have to find the part that is incorrect and sometimes, we are given the error and we need to correct it.
Question 1 : Find the part of the sentence that is incorrect in usage :
A) Agitated over the delay in getting arrears,
B) factory workers protested against the president
C) when he reaches the factory.
D) No Error
Solution : C) when he reaches the factory.
It should be : when he reached the factory.
Question 2 : Select the option that replaces the error (underlined) most appropriately
Sentence – The motto of our company is to make sure that the employees are happy, have the ability to be intellectually stimulated and contributes towards their growth.
A) contribute to the growth
B) contribute towards its growth
C) contribute toward its growing
D) No correction required
Solution : B) contribute towards its growth
Question 3 : Find the error in the following statement :
A) Sariska is transforming into
B) India’s most fastest growing sanctuary
C) attracting large number of tourists
D) throughout the world.
Solution : B) India’s most fastest growing sanctuary
Here, “most fastest” is incorrect. It should be “fastest”.
Question 4 : Select the option that replaces the error (underlined) most appropriately
Sentence – It has been found by the researchers that children with high blood sugar are at increase risk for developing heart problems.
A) were at increased risk
B) have high risk
C) are increasing riskly
D) No correction required
Solution : A) were at increased risk
This article has been contributed by Nishant Arora
Please write comments if you have any doubts related to the topic discussed above, or if you are facing difficulty in any question or if you would like to discuss a question other than those mentioned above.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Shortest path in a complement graph
- First element of every K sets having consecutive elements with exactly K prime factors less than N
- Puzzle | Single Elimination Tournament
- Minimum changes required to make all Array elements Prime
- Puzzle | The Circle of Lights
- Puzzle | 50 red marbles and 50 blue marbles
- Hotel Management System
- Merge two unsorted linked lists to get a sorted list
- Mensuration 3D- Hollow sphere
- C program to reverse the content of the file and print it
- Create a Circular List Structure For Given Value K Using Recursion
- Program to find the Nth natural number with exactly two bits set
- Puzzle | King Octopus and Servants
- Age of AI-based recruitment... What to expect?