You are given an equilateral triangle of three matchsticks like given figure. What is the minimum number of sticks needed to add three more equilateral triangles to it?
Answer : 3
Explanation : Technically 4 triangles require 12 matchsticks, but we only have 6, that means each matchstick must be used in 2 triangles. So every triangle has to border 3 other triangles (one on each side).It’s a tetrahedron (a three-sided pyramid).
This article is contributed by Swapnika. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to check similarity of given two triangles
- Program to check congruency of two triangles
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Puzzle | Thief, Treasure and 2 Doors
- Maximum number of line intersections formed through intersection of N planes
- Puzzle | Cat, Mice and 4 Boxes
- time.h localtime() function in C with Examples
- Find the character made by adding all the characters of the given string
- Puzzle | Cylindrical Glass and Water Measurement
- Generate an array having Bitwise AND of the previous and the next element
- Puzzle | Six colored cube
- Puzzle | Divide a Square into 5 parts such that 4 parts among them are equal
- Find the first N integers such that the sum of their digits is equal to 10
- Puzzle | The Bridge Riddle