You are given an equilateral triangle of three matchsticks like given figure. What is the minimum number of sticks needed to add three more equilateral triangles to it?
Answer : 3
Explanation : Technically 4 triangles require 12 matchsticks, but we only have 6, that means each matchstick must be used in 2 triangles. So every triangle has to border 3 other triangles (one on each side).It’s a tetrahedron (a three-sided pyramid).
This article is contributed by Swapnika. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Program to check congruency of two triangles
- Program to check similarity of given two triangles
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Puzzle | Rope Escape
- Puzzle | 8 balls problem
- Puzzle | 100 wrong statements
- Puzzle | Supersonic Bee and Trains
- Optimal Strategy for a Game | Special Gold Coin
- Puzzle | 10 Balls in 5 Lines
- Puzzle | Thief, Treasure and 2 Doors
- Maximum number of line intersections formed through intersection of N planes
- Puzzle | Cat, Mice and 4 Boxes
- time.h localtime() function in C with Examples
- Find the character made by adding all the characters of the given string