Company: Envestnet Yodlee
Profile: Senior Software Engineer
Eligibility Criteria: IT and CSE(B.E + M.E)
Online round comprises 4 sections:
- Aptitude (Quantitative & Logical Reasoning only): 20 marks
- Technical MCQ (CS fundamentals) : 10 marks
- Cope snippet MCQ (C/C++/Java) : 10 marks
- Coding Question: 10 marks
The MCQ ‘s were of moderate level. Some coding questions asked were:
- Removal of vowels.
- Rotate matrix by 90 degree.
- Saddle points.
- String Anagrams
Each section had its own individual time constraints.
Out of 120(appx.), 32 were shortlisted for 2nd round.
Round 2: GD
students were divided into 2 groups with 16 each. Topics:
- Reality shows
- I don’t remember (but was something related with Academics)
8 from each group were selected (i.e 16 ) for 3rd round.
Round 3: Technical 1
- Tell me about yourself.
- Difference between merge sort and quick sort ? what is the major use of quick sort? Write code. (be very thorough)
- What is your favorite subject ? I answered OS. She asked me which OS do you know(I said multi tasking)? Explain.
- What is NoSQL?
- What do you mean by object oriented programming, what is its need?
- Questions on OOPS- run time polymorphism, abstract class, interface, JVM.
- New feature and enhancements in JAVA 10?
- What is aJile?
- Explain the different types of SDLC models- Waterfall, Iterative, Spiral, RAD, and V. Their adv and disadv.
- What is unit testing and integration testing?
- How can we optimize searching in database?
- Explain the different types of indexing?(primary, clustered, secondary)
- Explain linked list? Why do we use it? Tell some practical implementation of LL.
- Discussion on project that I had done.
This round went for 50 min (approx). I had answered more than 80% of the questions and with total conviction. Interviewer was impressed with my answers.
4 were selected for the 4th round.
Round 4: Technical 2
- 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Memory layout of program.
- Where are objects stored?
- What is stringpool?
- Difference between string builder and string buffer?
- What is garbage collector?
- Difference between error and exception.
- JDK, JRE and JVM. Explain.
- Why is java platform independent?
- What happens in try, catch and throw block?
- What is Referential Integrity?
- Explain the different types of keys(unique, candidate etc.).
- What is Normalization? Why do we use it? Explain all types.
- What is daemon thread?
- How threads are differently stored than processes?
- 3 coding questions.
- find the count and positions of char in a string
- spiral matrix
- Discussion on project.
- Ajax control?
- Some personal questions.
This round went for almost 80-90 mins. Coding was although easy but make sure you write it correctly, interviewer was checking line by line and also asked about different approaches. About the theory part, be confident while you answer don’t just tell what you have mugged up, explain, make him understand. For the part you couldn’t answer, say no and assure him that you will surely learn about it.
Round 5: Managerial
- Some basic questions on java.
- What do you understand by image processing?
- Count the number of a string in paragraph.(mapping or trie). Explain.
- How map and unordered map implemented? Time complexity(searching, insertion, deletion)
- Balanced BST?
- Insert and delete element in a BST with an example? How BST can be traversed?
- Project discussion.
- Personal questions.
This round was around max 20 mins. He told that my review was good and to learn java as much as possible.
Round 6: HR
- Tell me about yourself.
- Strengths and weaknesses.
- How do you tackle difficult situations.
- Tell one incident, where you have taken a decision by yourself and you are most proud of.
- Where do you practice coding.
- How friends have played an important part in your life.
- Why Yodlee?
- and some other personal questions.
This round went for an hour! too many questions :p .
Result: 2 were selected from my college. I was glad to be one of them.
- Envestnet Yodlee On-Campus Interview Experience (2018-19)
- Envestnet Yodlee Interview Experience
- Envestnet Yodlee Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Envestnet Yodlee Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Envestnet Yodlee Interview Experience (Pool Campus)
- Yodlee Infotech Interview Experience
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TCS Interview Experience 2018
- TCS Interview Experience 2018 (For I.T.)
- TCS NQT 2018 Interview Experience
- IBM Interview Experience CSE 2018
- TCS On Campus Interview Experience 2018
- TCS Ninja Interview Experience(CSE) 2018
- TCS Ninja Interview Experience CSE 2018
- TCS Codevita 7 2018 Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.