Endurance came for hiring in August 2020 on our campus for the SDE role (FTE + internship). We had a total of 4 rounds (2 online + 2 technicals). Here is my interview experience for the same.
Round 1 (Online MCQ Round) 60 minutes: A total of 60 multiple choice questions related to Linux, OS, Network, and DBMS were asked.
Round 2 (Online MCQ Round) 90 minutes: A total of 3 coding questions was asked on HackerEarth Platform. The difficulty level of problems was easy-medium level based on the prefix-sum, maths, and implementation.
Round 3 (Interview Round 1) 45 minutes:
- Code was asked to remove duplicate elements from the array with the best time-complexity possible.
- Explain HTTPS in-depth and complete TLS handshake consisting of steps of encryption, key-exchange.
- Authorization vs Authentication
- Abstract class vs Interfaces in Java with code examples
- Runtime Polymorphism in Java
- Was heavily tested on my projects which I mentioned in the resume like my project was E-commerce Android App based on Firebase so how I handled payment transactions and other features on my app without latency. I struggled on this part of the interview and didn’t go well.
Round 4 (Interview Round 2) 90 minutes: The Interviewer asked how I spent time in lockdown and what skills I learned. Then he gave me to ER diagram of Book My Show, write all relations, foreign-keys and primary keys. I struggled in that part the interviewer told me to move on to High-Level Design. In the High-Level Design part, I struggled with how will I handle concurrency and availability simultaneously. I told multiple methods but were no sufficient as I was weak with my system design knowledge.
After the Interview got over I asked him how I performed, he told me he was expecting an answer around Master-Slave Architecture and Replication which was missing from my part. This hinted to me that my rejection was confirmed, and so I was not called for the HR round.
Be aware of system design concepts, Databases, and Low-level Design concepts. Projects and Internship experience is added on bonus.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.