Endurance Interview Experience for Internship+FTE | On-Campus 2020
Endurance came for hiring in August 2020 on our campus for the SDE role (FTE + internship). We had a total of 4 rounds (2 online + 2 technicals). Here is my interview experience for the same.
Round 1 (Online MCQ Round) 60 minutes: A total of 60 multiple choice questions related to Linux, OS, Network, and DBMS were asked.
Round 2 (Online MCQ Round) 90 minutes: A total of 3 coding questions was asked on HackerEarth Platform. The difficulty level of problems was easy-medium level based on the prefix-sum, maths, and implementation.
Round 3 (Interview Round 1) 45 minutes:
- Code was asked to remove duplicate elements from the array with the best time-complexity possible.
- Explain HTTPS in-depth and complete TLS handshake consisting of steps of encryption, key-exchange.
- Authorization vs Authentication
- Abstract class vs Interfaces in Java with code examples
- Runtime Polymorphism in Java
- Was heavily tested on my projects which I mentioned in the resume like my project was E-commerce Android App based on Firebase so how I handled payment transactions and other features on my app without latency. I struggled on this part of the interview and didn’t go well.
Round 4 (Interview Round 2) 90 minutes: The Interviewer asked how I spent time in lockdown and what skills I learned. Then he gave me to ER diagram of Book My Show, write all relations, foreign-keys and primary keys. I struggled in that part the interviewer told me to move on to High-Level Design. In the High-Level Design part, I struggled with how will I handle concurrency and availability simultaneously. I told multiple methods but were no sufficient as I was weak with my system design knowledge.
After the Interview got over I asked him how I performed, he told me he was expecting an answer around Master-Slave Architecture and Replication which was missing from my part. This hinted to me that my rejection was confirmed, and so I was not called for the HR round.
Be aware of system design concepts, Databases, and Low-level Design concepts. Projects and Internship experience is added on bonus.