Email Verification using OTP in NodeJS
This Article speaks about setting up your node.js server for verifying emails via OTP.
Project setup: The name of the package is two-step-auth
npm i --save two-step-auth
- Kindly Provide a Company Name so the mail will be treated as important. (This is optional)
- Import the Auth object from the package and use them as mentioned below.
- Once if the operation is success, we will have the OTP in hand, and an Email will be sent to the particular user’s mail ID
- Custom Email ID usage :
- Pull the LoginCredentials object from the package and use them as mentioned below
- Prerequisites for using custom Email ID :
- Make sure you have enabled the allow less secure apps for that particular account before executing the function.
- Turn them Off when not in use.
We have created an OTP verification service.<
Email Sample: This will received in your given mail Id.