Else without IF
This error is shown if we write anything in between if and else clause.
prog.c: In function 'main': prog.c:15:5: error: 'else' without a previous 'if' else printf("value of a is not equal to 2 "); ^
This error occurs when we put constants on left hand side of = operator and variables on right hand side of it.
prog.c: In function 'main': prog.c:6:5: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment 10 = a; ^
Example 2: At line number 12, it will show an error L-value because arr++ means arr=arr+1.Now that is what their is difference in normal variable and array. If we write a=a+1 (where a is normal variable), compiler will know its job and their will be no error but when you write arr=arr+1 (where arr is name of an array) then, compiler will think arr contain address and how we can change address. Therefore it will take arr as address and left side will be constant, hence it will show error as L-value required.
prog.c: In function 'main': prog.c:10:6: error: lvalue required as increment operand arr++; ^
- lvalue and rvalue in C language
- How to find Segmentation Error in C & C++ ? (Using GDB)
- Error Handling in C programs
- Program error signals
- Segmentation Fault (SIGSEGV) vs Bus Error (SIGBUS)
- Why strict aliasing is required in C ?
- C Program for Number of jump required of given length to reach a point of form (d, 0) from origin in 2D plane
- __builtin_inf() functions of GCC compiler
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- How can we use Comma operator in place of curly braces?
- Basic Code Optimizations in C
- Interesting Facts in C Programming | Set 2
- Constants vs Variables in C language
- Sum of an array using MPI
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.